Redeemer University College, 777 Garner Rd E, Ancaster, ON, Canada, L9K1J4
- Toronto International Airport (YYZ) is 70 km or a 50 minute drive.
- Hamilton International Airport (YHM) is 10 km or a 10 minute drive.
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) is 140 km or a 90 minute drive.
On campus accommodation is available through Conference Services at Redeemer. For type of accommodation and pricing, go to:
Off campus accommodations include several nearby inns, motels, hotels, and B&B’s.
Information for Presenters
A presentation can be a 20-minute oral presentation, or a poster measuring 3 feet wide by 4 feet long.
To be considered for a presentation, the presenter needs to submit an abstract by May 13, 2019 of no more than 300 words. An abstract has:
- (i) a title,
- (ii) the name and contact information of the presenter or presenters,
- (iii) an indication of whether this abstract is for an oral presentation or poster,
- (iv) a 300 word description of the focus and aim of the presentation,
- (v) an indication of the best category in which your presentation should be grouped.
- History of the Turin Shroud
- Scientific Facts of the Turin Shroud
- Religious Faith and the Turin Shroud
- Public Presentations of the Turin Shroud
- Explaining the Image on the Turin Shroud
- Conceptions and misconceptions of the Turin Shroud
- New Horizons for the Turin Shroud
- Other [please provide a category]
Submit abstracts to [email protected] by May 13, 2019.
All presentations (except keynote addresses) are limited to 20 minutes. Presenters who need more time may opt for two consecutive 20 minute slots, but each requires its own abstract and a title specific to the presentation.
Poster presentations are 3 feet wide by 4 feet long and can be created using software, such as Power Point or Presentations, where a single slide is constructed to include the thoughts/ideas of the author. Lettering on the poster should be large enough to be read from about 3 feet away. Each poster will have printed on it the title and contact information, the abstract (approved by the conference organizers, as done for oral presentations), an Introduction, Methods, Results and Conclusion sections. More information is available by contacting the organizers at [email protected]. A session will be devoted to allow registrants to read the posters and to question the author(s). Absentees can submit a poster in Microsoft PowerPoint format which the organizers will print and display during the conference (for a cost of $125.00)
The goal of this conference is two-fold: first, to summarize and evaluate the large amount of work that has been done on the Holy Shroud, and second, to encourage continual studies on the Holy Shroud. To accomplish this aim any topic of academic study will be considered. This range could include science, theology, history, sociology, and even cosmology, provided the presenters offer insights into the nature of the Holy Shroud and/or its impact on society.